Micron Manufacturing has made a commitment to become a world class company and embrace strategies to eliminate waste, improve efficiency and maintain quality in our everyday activities. All of our employees have attended a 4-hour “Lean Overview” session and many more have gone on to receive “Lean Champion” training. Our Guiding Coalition meets regularly to set direction and continually emphasize the importance of our Lean Journey.
Lean is a methodology that focuses on the identification and elimination of waste (non-value added activities) to reduce costs and improve flow of information and materials.
To put in simpler terms: Lean is about Eliminating Waste & Improving Flow
Our goal is to safely produce the Highest Quality at the Lowest Cost in the Shortest Delivery Time.
– Create the most value while consuming the fewest resources.
– Define value from the customer’s perspective. What are they willing to pay for?
– Identify which process steps create value and which are waste.
– Work to reduce or eliminate waste.
– Continuous improvement is a way of life.
To be a value added action it must meet all three of the following criteria:
– The customer is willing to pay for this activity.
– It must be done right the first time.
– The action must somehow change the product or service in some manner.
It’s about transforming Micron manufacturing’s culture to one of continuous improvement.
– Not just fixing things and moving on.
– Solving problems at the level they occur.
– Working together to identify root causes and make improvements.
– Measuring our performance.